Friday, December 28, 2007

Dear God, I ask you to keep me clean and sober, and I believe you can restore me to sanity and I ask you to do that for me now and throughout this day... Heavenly Father, I offer myself to You, to build with me and do with me as You would. I ask You to relieve me of the bondage of self, that I can better do Your will. Take away my problems, that victory over them would bear witness to those I would help through Your Power, Your Love, and Your way of life... I ask for the grace I need to overcome myself, particularly in those situations where I tend to fall back into self, into my will and into fear.I ask that Your Holy Spirit give me guidance and direction-clear vision of what Your will is in all situations... My Creator,I am willing that you should have all of me, both the good and the bad. I pray that you will remove from me every defect of character that would limit my ability to be of maximum service to You and my fellows... I pray that Your Love will fill my heart-that I may spread Your Love throughout the world, touching everyone I come into contact with in a good and positive way. And that Your Love will help me to see the good in all people and situations... I ask You to bless all those people that aid in my recovery and that contribute continued growth-particularly my children, my sponsor, sponsees, and those people that touch me everyday. Bless them with Your Grace, Your Love and with all good things...And now Heavenly Father, as I go forth to live this day...I ask You to go with me...guide me, protect me and show me the way. Help, me to live this day in a way that is truly pleasing to you. Amen.